Sunday 21 July 2013

Reflection for 17 July :D

Activity on 17 July was interesting day. We fall in at the concourse at 2.45pm and we were told to wear our full guides uniform. After greeting our seniors, we conducted uniform checks as usual. Then we did role call and horseshoe formation. I find that horseshoe formation was a very formal event and it was only once in a while that we did the formation which makes it very exciting and I look forward to having the next one.
Also it was the very first time we did a horseshoe formation since the sec 4 seniors graduated! Although we made some mistakes, it went fine and everyone gets to receive a certificate and new badges which we can proudly sew on our uniform! It makes me very happy every time we get to receive a new badge as I get a sense of achievement and accomplishment:)
After the horseshoe formation, the sec 1s and sec2s had to take our individual 5-point test. For the sec 2s, we did sewing for one test and written for the other. The sewing was quite fun as I rarely get to sew anything and it was an interesting experience for meJ
Soon, it was time to sing taps and end the guides session.
Overall, time passed really fast and we didn’t get to do much. However, I learnt many new things and received new badges and certificate. I had a fun time during this guides session and I am looking forward to the next guides session:DD

-Lee Kah Yin, Sparrow Patrol


Test time!

Working hard for the total defence assignment...