Sunday 21 July 2013

Reflection for 19 July:D

On 19thjuly we had our rehearsal for speech day. I wore my full guides uniform and fall in with the others at 2.20pm after putting our bags in the guides room. After a thorough uniform check, our uniform are all neat and tidy, ready for the rehearsal later on. We were told to assemble at Lecture Hall 1 for a briefing before the actual start of the rehearsal.
 As it was my first time participating in the welcoming ceremony, I was very excited and can’t wait to know what I will be doing. After the briefing, we went to the service road where we were arranged according to our height before heading to the designated area near the school hall. Fortunately, the place that we were assigned to stand was under shelter and we do not need to stand under the hot sun :). Our job was to salute to our guest of honour when he walked past us. We practised a few times with other uniform groups until we were prepared. Practice makes perfect, after a few rounds of practice, we were all ready for the big day tomorrow.  After we were released, we gathered at the concourse for our reflection. Overall, I think that the rehearsal is very fun as it is a new experience for me:).


Elissa Cheng, Sunflower Patrol

Learning knots and lashing...

Proud of their work! :)

Giving it their undivided attention...

Test in progress...