Sunday 30 November 2014

Camping at Camp Christine whoohooo! - Reflections-

On 29 October to 1 November, along with Xi Wen, we went for a 4 day 3 night camp at camp Christine. This camp was quite fun and I really enjoyed myself as I think I've learnt a lot from this camp. 

On the first day we had to pitch our canvas tents and make our gadgets. I have never really pitched a canvas tent before so it was something new for me, but thankfully the trainers there and the other guides were very patient in teaching me. This was also my first time sleeping in a canvas tent, and I realized that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be at first!

The next day, we had outdoor cooking. We did everything from scratch including chopping the wood ourselves. At last when we got to eat the food we cooked ourselves, everyone was really happy and the food surprisingly tasted really good! We had bee hoon soup, chicken, fish and also chocolate banana for dessert! The chocolate banana was so delicious everyone couldn't stop eating it. Then we also played some bonding games with our patrol and at night, we were taught how to organize a campfire and the songs we can sing. It was really fun and everyone enjoyed themselves singing and cheering together in preparation for the campfire.

The next day, we went out of camp Christine to dairy farm adventure centre. We had a survival training there and It was so interesting as I saw so many plants I haven't seen before and I even learnt which plants are edible and what are the uses of different plants. That night, we had our long awaited campfire!! I really enjoyed myself a lot as everyone was so happy and cheerful, it was a really wonderful night. Also, the campfire was plan from scratch by every single one of us and my patrol was in charge or making door gifts. We made everyone a bracelet using flowers and i think they liked it.

I think this camp was a really memorable one and the knowledge I've learnt will definitely benefit me. Also, I'm really thankful for the people I met there, especially my patrol mates because they were the ones that were there with me throughout and we really had fun together! (:

~Erin, Dove patrol