Monday 18 July 2016

Reflection for 1st week's activity

Wednesday

On Wednesday(13/7), its our official enrolment ceremony and I was looking forward to it. We followed our pl/ps and did the horseshoe formation, guides law etc.
I feel proud to be officially enrolled as a guide. I will continue to work hard to be a disciplined guide.
I forgot that I was supposed to place my left hand over my right hand when collecting the enrolment badge from ma'am, instead, I raised out both hands and I felt very embarrassed as I think it was rude.
However, I managed to memorise the guides' honour and guides' law correctly.

-Shi Qing , Sunflower Patrol

Friday

On Friday we were told to bring our outdoor cooking items and arts &crafts materials which included colour papers, markers glue and scissors. After roll call, Coy 1 did outdoor cooking first at the space between the Grand auditorium and the staff room while Coy 2 did arts &crafts in one of the classrooms.  Coy 2 had the choice to choose between making a bird or a flower and decided to make the bird. In the meantime, Coy 1 split into the different patrols and started outdoor cooking. At around 4.40pm, Coy 1 and Coy 2 switched activities. Coy 1 was told to make the bird by following the pictures which were shown on the projector. At 4.30pm we started cleaning up and then we proceeded downstairs to drill. With the national day parade coming up, I realised how our drilling was not up to standard and we had to improve ourselves. Soon later, Coy 2 joined us and we ended off the day with singing taps.

-Felicia , Hibiscus Patrol